Must be 18 or older (unless traveling with parent or legal guardian and booking private accommodations).
You must be a traveler with residency at least 60 miles outside of Nashville.
Bring valid foreign passport OR U.S. driver’s license (US Passports are not accepted). Domestic travelers must show a debit or credit card in your name with at least $200 in the account to cover any expenses.
RULES FOR GUEST STAY
- MUST MEET REQUIREMENTS FOR GUEST STAY. All guests of the Nashville Downtown Hostel must be at least 18 years old unless traveling with a parent or legal guardian (and booking private accommodations). Each guest must be a traveler residing at least 60 miles outside of Nashville. Each guest is required to show a valid foreign passport OR US driver’s license + Debit/Credit Card (with $200 to cover any expenses). We DO NOT accept US Passports. We do not accept 3rd party payments. The credit card or debit card used for payment must belong to at least one of the guests staying overnight in our facility.
- BE DECENT. Guests are expected to be respectful of and be courteous to other guests. Individuals who disrupt the peace and create tension with other guests or staff may be removed from the property. Any guest who is the subject of complaint from two or more unrelated parties will be removed from the property.
- WE TAKE THE SAFETY OF OUR GUESTS AND THEIR BELONGINGS SERIOUSLY. We will handle theft and illegal behaviors by calling the police and removing any offenders from our property without a refund. Guests are encouraged to secure valuables in lockers or reserve private accommodations. The hostel assumes no responsibility for items stored in our facility. We reserve the right to refuse service to individuals who pose a risk of harm to themselves and/or others. If you see anything alarming, please alert our hostel staff immediately.
- NO UNREGISTERED GUESTS ON THE PROPERTY. Use of our facility is for paid guests only. Guests agree not to bring back non-guests to our facility unless they meet our qualifications and register as a paid guest first. Our hostel cannot be used for parties, meetings, or as event space. Entertainers or dancers are strictly prohibited.
- NO SMOKING OR VAPING ALLOWED, except in designated outdoor areas and at least 20-feet from the entrance. Evidence of smoking (of any kind) inside will result in a minimum $250 cleaning charge.
- PETS OF ANY KIND ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THE PROPERTY. Service animals, as outlined by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, are permitted. Service animals must be with their owner at all times. Emotional support animals are not permitted. Violator will be subject to $500 cleaning fee and immediate removal without refund.
- QUIET HOURS ARE FROM 10PM-8AM in and around guest rooms. We want you to enjoy yourself, but please be respectful of other guests’ experiences at the hostel. Our first -floor community space does not have quiet hours and is accessible 24/7.
- ALCOHOL POLICY: BEER & WINE (UNDER 15% ABV) IS PERMITTED in community areas by guests who are 21 and older. Liquor is not allowed. No alcohol shall be stored or consumed in guest rooms unless you’ve reserved a vacation rental unit. The hostel prohibits the possession, use, or distribution of unlawful drugs and alcohol on hostel property. By booking, guests agree to decent and orderly behavior at all time. Any appearance of public intoxication is a ground for removal. Guests agree to pay a cleaning or damage fee for each alcohol-related incident such as vomiting, public urination, or the creation of any other mess on our property.
- BE CLEAN. We are a self-catering hostel. All guests are expected to clean up after themselves. Self catering includes, but is not limited to, wiping down the bath and washing area after use, cleaning dishes, silverware, and cookware before and after cooking; and properly disposing of trash. Guests agree not to wash clothes and personal articles in sinks or in showers. Guests also agree not to hang-dry any personal items other than bath towels. Personal items should be tidy and organized in guest rooms, not blocking egress paths.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there parking at the hostel?
Parking: There are several public parking options available near the hostel. When you arrive, please pull in to our loading zone on 1st Ave N. to unload your baggage, register, and inquire about available parking. Our staff will be happy to recommend nearby parking for you. Please budget at least $20/day for parking in Downtown Nashville.
- Public Square/Metro Courthouse Garage on Gay St. – About $14/day. Special events may change pricing. (5-minute walk)
- Metered Parking on Gay St., Church St., 1st Ave. N., etc. – $2.00/hour with a maximum of 2 hours. Meters run 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- Free Street Parking – Along Rutledge St. and Peabody St., and look for a space with no signs or meters. 15-minute walk back to the hostel.
- Private Parking Lots – All over downtown Nashville, but be careful. Any garage we don’t recommend here may cost upwards of $50 per day. Click below for parking information provided by the city of Nashville.
What is the process for check in and check out?
Check-in is after 4 p.m. Each guest is assigned a security key card for access to the building, elevator and room. There is a $3 lost key fee if the card needs to be replaced during your stay or at check-out. Please allocate 10-15 minutes for check-in. For a more expedient check-in, please have your documents ready and pre-read our rules and policies on the registration sheet. Early check-ins will have access to the 1st floor common area, including all facilities, bathrooms with showers, baggage storage and free WiFi. Check-out is by 11 a.m. Please deposit linens and towels in the laundry basket and hand off your room key to the front desk.
Is there a kitchen?
Yes, our community kitchen is equipped with induction stove burners, pizza oven, microwaves, commercial refrigerator, beer/wine fridge and most necessary utensils/dishes. Be sure and check out the “free” bins for unused food from previous guests.
Is breakfast included?
With the amount of great eateries around downtown Nashville we can’t compete! Breakfast is not included, but FREE tea and coffee are provided every day.
What is the cancellation policy?
If you have a change in your reservation, or have to cancel, please email us at email@example.com to explain the circumstances and receive cancellation information. Our standard policy for guests who book directly on our site requires a minimum of 48 hours notice prior to 8 a.m. on your check-in date for a 75% refund, or 100% store credit usable for one year. A portion of your reservation is always nonrefundable. Please note, the policy may vary for special event dates, certain room types, and depending on what website you book through.
Is there a curfew or shut out time?
No. There is no curfew, but we do ask guests to be courteous and quiet when coming in late at night. We lock our exterior doors at 9 p.m. each night, but every guest has full access with their keycard. Alternatively, our staff are present at our front desk 24/7 if you’re arriving after hours.
How close is the hostel to Downtown and Broadway?
The hostel is in the downtown entertainment district and 1 block from Broadway, 2nd Avenue, and Printer’s Alley. With all the exciting things happening in Nashville, you won’t be bored! We have multiple event boards in our lobby with listings for shows, festivals, and activities all across Music City.
Are towels provided?
Yes! Each guest will receive a free towel upon check-in. Additional towels can be borrowed for $1 per towel.
What’s provided when I stay?
All bed linens (sheets, blanket, pillow, and towel) are provided. Each bathroom also has a supply of shampoo or body wash. We have hairdryers and an iron/ironing board available at the front desk. We do not sell toiletries.
How do I get to you from the airport?
We do not operate a shuttle service, however, there are several options:
- Taxis charge a $25 fixed fee between the airport and downtown Nashville. You can hail a cab outside the baggage claim. With regular traffic, plan for 20 minutes to our door.
- Uber/Lyft are popular ride-sharing apps that work similarly to a taxi. Ubers and Lyfts will cost anywhere from $15-25 to get you to our hostel from the airport. Rates change during peak hours.
- City bus #18 runs between the airport and downtown, and will cost $1.70. However, you should plan for about 45 minutes of transit time, and a short walk to the hostel upon arrival.
Are there male and female-only dorms?
Yes, we offer male-only, female-only and coed dorms with 4-12 bunk configurations. You can also book a co-ed or female-only dorm room with a shared ensuite bathroom through our website. All ensuite dorm rooms will have at least 8 beds in them.
Are there private rooms at the hostel?
Yes. Our standard private rooms are identical to our dorm rooms, however occupancy is limited to just the private group. Typically, the room is set up with a twin-over-twin bunk bed and a twin-over-full bunk bed, but can accommodate just 1 person if necessary.
Are there rooms with private bathrooms?
We have a limited number of vacation rental studios available on our website. For hostel bookings, only our select ensuite dorms have private bathrooms. All bathrooms are located in the hallway. There are six private bathrooms with a sink, toilet and shower. There are community bathrooms with showers, toilets, and sinks on each floor for males and females.
Is the hostel safe?
All guests must show government-issued photo ID as proof of travel, and a matching debit or credit card for identity verification. All guests have access to the facility through doors that securely lock each night. Our front desk is staffed 24/7.
Am I allowed to drink alcohol inside the hostel?
We want guests to enjoy their time in Nashville and take advantage of trying some of the great local beers our city has to offer. Guests may drink beer and wine (anything under 15% alcohol) in our 1st floor common area only. No alcohol is permitted in the rooms. Liquor is not permitted, but we’ll happily store it for you until you check out! Intoxication that disrupts the peace or creates tension within our community is not allowed. Individuals who disturb the happiness of the hostel will be removed without refund at staff discretion.
Can I bring visitors into the hostel?
Visitors may briefly use the 1st floor for up to 30 minutes while they wait on you, as long as their IDs are scanned at the front desk. Visitors are not permitted beyond the 1st floor common area, and are not permitted during quiet hours from 10PM-8AM. During busy times, our staff may deny guests from waiting in our facility so we can better serve in-house guests. Our facility is for guest-use only, so non-overnight guests are not allowed to “hang out” in our facility.
Can I bring my pet with me?
We love cats and dogs (or birds, lizards, goldfish, etc.), however not everyone staying at our hostel may feel the same way. So, unfortunately, pets are not allowed. The only exception is for ADA service animals. Emotional support animals are not permitted.
Can I store my bag at the hostel before check-in or after check-out?
Yes, as long as you are an arriving, in-house, or departing overnight guest. We do NOT offer bag storage for non-overnight guests. We have a free storage area on the stage in our lobby, or you can pay a small fee to lock your belongings in a staff-controlled storage closet ($5/bag per day). There are also some lockers available for free, but you must have your own lock.
We permit guests to leave their luggage in our lobby after check-out until 6 PM on your checkout date. At 6 PM, bags are removed from our storage area and guests are charged $5/bag for any bags we are holding on to. Please make plans to completely depart our facility by 6 PM, or book an additional night if you need access to our facility after 6 PM.
Do you have WIFI?
Yes. We have business-class WIFI available for FREE to guests on all of our floors. If you do not have your own WIFI enabled device we have community computers for use for a small charge.
Our building complies with commercial requirements for accessibility under the ADA. Our intention is to be as accessible as possible for all guests, and feedback over the years has been positive.
Beds in shared accommodations are not pre-assigned for any guest. All accommodations are in a dormitory style, meaning every room has bunkbeds in it. We do not have a way of guaranteeing a bottom bunk for any guest in shared room types. Bed selection is first-come, first-served. While most guests are accommodating to other guest’s needs, we encourage guests requiring a bottom bunk to book private accommodations which guarantees access to a bottom bunk.
Guest rooms are located on upper floors. There are ramps, an elevator, and doorways/halls wider than 32″ to accommodate access. Each dorm has at least 32″ of egress between beds.
We have private and shared bathrooms designed for accessibility. These bathrooms have chairs, handrails, and detachable shower heads. Select bathrooms have a roll-in shower. We will do our best to place you closest to these facilities when we’re informed and space is available.
Service animals are permitted as required by ADA law. We are not able to accommodate emotional support animals and pets.
Communication is Encouraged
We encourage guests with certain needs to inform us ahead of time so we can offer optimal room placement. We have high occupancy and requests in shared accommodations cannot always be guaranteed. Please inform us in the comments section of the booking form if there are needs or requests.