Job Description: Front Desk Associate
We strongly request applicants reach out to us directly, rather than through other online application platforms. Resumes sent through other websites are less likely to be noticed, due to the amount of spamming that can occur.
We are seeking additional front desk guest services associations to join our team! You are the primary ambassador between our guests and Nashville, providing friendly check-ins, personal recommendations for how to make the most of Music City, and helping maintain quality facilities that keep our guests happy. An ideal applicant has a love for global travelers and a positive spirit that will make our guests feel at home.
Successful guest service associates exude a warm and hospitable attitude that will put weary travelers at ease. You are comfortable and calm when our lobby is full of guests and you find joy in balancing guest engagement with mundane tasks like folding laundry, answering the phone, and keeping our community spaces clean and organized.
- Greeting everyone with a smile, making sure they feel at home as soon as they walk through the door or call us on the phone.
- Providing guests with quick and friendly check-in and check-out experiences.
- Provide expertise in the local area, events, and great places to grab food, coffee, or drinks.
- Properly navigating our booking and payment systems to ensure guest information is accurately recorded and proper cash or credit card payments are collected.
- Maintaining a clean and organized reception area, community kitchen, lobby, and laundry facility.
- Professionally handling challenging personalities, intoxicated individuals, or people who do not meet the security requirements to stay in our facility.
- Navigating communication barriers when speaking to guests with foreign accents or a minimal understanding of English.
- Ability to work independently, self-manage responsibilities, and complete routine tasks.
- Ability to differentiate a fun atmosphere from destructive party behaviors with the capacity to professionally address problematic behavior before it gets out of hand.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills is a necessity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and also give attention to detail.
- Must have the ability and motivation to learn property management software.
- Prior experience with spreadsheets and property management software is a plus.
- Experience in college dormitory, summer camp, hotel, or hostel operations is a plus.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as schedule requires.
- Domestic and/or International travel and hostel-stay or vacation rental experience is a plus.
- Bilingual abilities are a bonus, but not required.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
POSITION & BENEFITS
- Hourly pay ($10.50+, pending experience – additional pay for overnight hours).
- Medical, vision, & dental options available for full-time employees.
- 401(k) with employer-matching and profit-sharing.
- Free life insurance policy.
- Unique, fun work environment with global travelers exploring Nashville.
- Discounts for friends and family on accommodations in downtown Nashville.
- Advancement opportunities within our operation.
This position requires bending, standing, walking, handling cleaning devices, feeling linen quality, listening to and understanding foreign accents in a noisy environment, smelling to differentiate fresh from stale/foul room odors, reaching with hands and arms for various activities (including assisting guests with 50-pound luggage), climbing stairs, kneeling, and crouching. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
For employment consideration, please submit an introduction email along with resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.