Job Description: Operations Manager
We are seeking an additional operations manager to join our team! OMs train, supervise, and evaluate a team of 10-15 in the areas of guest services, housekeeping, and maintenance. You manage the day-to-day activity of our hostel and vacation rental business, as well as take a leading role in creating systems to improve our operation and foster a unique travel experience for our guests. An ideal applicant not only has a love for global travelers and the hosteling industry, but is energized by a blend of administrative work and guest/staff engagement.
Successful OMs are organized, calm under pressure, independent, assertive, and able to make and communicate decisions in the best interest of our businesses.
- Taking individual and group reservations by telephone, e-mail, and an online system in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Ensuring accurate notations and billings of all guest accounts, staff cash registers, bank deposits, and payroll reports.
- Overseeing the yield management process by monitoring room inventory, optimizing occupancy, and maximizing room revenue.
- Overseeing a consistently high level of cleanliness for sleeping quarters, bathrooms, reception area, and common areas by our housekeeping staff.
- Applying analytical problem-solving skills for assessing maintenance, HR, marketing, and project-management issues.
- Understand staffing and scheduling needs and properly coordinating hiring, onboarding, scheduling, and training staff to ensure a consistent level of quality service.
- Facilitating a fun and welcoming atmosphere that guarantees a quality Nashville experience.
- Welcoming and orienting guests and business partners with information about our facility, location, and business goals.
- Ensuring the timely and thorough completion of all staff and supervisor tasks, and providing routine training and evaluation on employee performance.
- Maintaining consistent staff briefings, weekly manager meetings, and monthly staff/supervisor meetings to ensure a consistent and effective flow of information within the hostel.
- Being the voice for the operation of our downtown location to other managers and owners.
- Supporting staff in maintaining security and establishing and enforcing hostel policies.
- Managing social media presence and other online review sites.
ADMIN RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
ENGAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related hospitality management experience and/or training.
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent. Formulating professional responses to online reviews, unusual email requests, or problems is an exciting challenge.
- Ability to foster a positive work atmosphere and manage varying levels of maturity and professionalism from staff and supervisors.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work independently to manage your workload.
- Proven conflict resolution skills and ability to control difficult situations and personalities requiring management or law enforcement intervention.
- Domestic and/or International travel and hostel-stay or vacation rental experience is a must.
- Experience in college dormitory, summer camp, hotel, or hostel operations is a plus.
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as schedule requires.
Once hired, managers will be trained on staff and supervisor-level responsibilities. The bulk of management training will happen as situations arise on the job with support from other managers. You should be comfortable getting your feet wet and learning on the fly as situations arise.
This position requires bending, standing, walking, handling cleaning devices, feeling linen quality, listening to and understanding foreign accents in a noisy environment, smelling to differentiate fresh from stale/foul room odors, reaching with hands and arms for various activities (including assisting guests with 50-pound luggage), climbing stairs, kneeling, and crouching. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
For employment consideration, please submit an introduction email along with resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.